Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What do you talk about in bed?

So, last night, as we were winding down for the evening, my husband and I were chatting about something my oldest stepson had said. For us, it had been a quiet night with my two kiddos, but the stepkids were with their mom, which means a flurry of text messages about the fights, her boyfriend and all the drama over there.

Anyway, as we started to talk about it, I subconsciously got out of bed and as I was standing there, I brought up their mom's name. My husband laughed and said, "Do you realize you still do that?"

You see, our bed was made a ex-wife free zone about five years ago. I was in my "obsession" phase and we had this "incident". You see, my husband is getting all frisky and nibbling on my ear and I start venting about something his ex-wife did. He stops, gets up and says, "THAT is a mood killer."

So we made our bed a place where it is just about us. She is not allowed in our bed. And by doing that, I realized that while I was a "newbie" to her drama and tricks, he was not and he did NOT want to rehash everything she did.

So I ask you this: What do you talk about in bed? Start today making your bed a "No ex-wife or skids mother free zone". I guarantee it will improve your sleep and intimate relationship with your husband.

No comments: